Living in Las Vegas we are no strangers to bright lights in the city but twice a year in Sin City the glitter goes to the skies over the valley!
Before the party starts please pause to remember the true meaning of the day! The celebration of our Independence and those that have served or are currently serving to protect our freedoms. Sin City Presents proudly salutes our Men & Women in the United States Armed Forces and our United States Veterans.
Now let’s get this party started!! Here’s a pretty comprehensive list of who’s got what going on for the Independence Day Weekend!
4th of July Fireworks
Mandalay Bay Beach 8 p.m. Tickets from $20
The Linq/High Roller 9 p.m. Tickets from $49.50
Stratosphere 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. Tickets from $10
Green Valley Ranch and Red Rock Casino 9 p.m. Free
Lake Las Vegas
Mission Hills Park – Henderson
Primm Valley Resorts Free
Laughlin – Rockets Over the River
Mesquite – Rockets Over the Red Mesa
Boulder City 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. Free. (May be a cost for parking)
Family Friendly 4th of July Events
Las Vegas 51s’ Firework’s Extravaganza
Fireworks Extravaganza is for you and the family. The tradition continues in North Vegas at Cashman Field! This year the Las Vegas 51s welcome the Tuscon Padres in on Wednesday July 4th.
Henderson’s 4th of July Celebration
July 4th at the Basic High School Football Field. Join the community, tell the neighbors and get the whole family together and celebrate the true meaning of the 4th of July.
Summerlin Council Patriotic Parade
This year more than 40,000 people are expected to enjoy this free event. So get up early and head to the Trails Village at the corner of Hillpointe Road and Hills Center Drive . The parade begins at 8:30 AM
Boulder City Damboree Celebration-Official Info From Boulder City
- 7:00 AM: Pancake breakfast hosted by the Rotary Club at Bicentennial Park.
- 9:00 AM Parade starts at Colorado St, then onto Nevada Highway to Broadbent Memorial Park at 5th St.
- 9:05 AM Flyover by the Boulder City Veteran’s Flying Group
- Festivities at Broadbent Memorial Park 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Midway Booths featuring food, drinks & games. Presented by non-profit groups
- 11:00 AM Damboree Celebrations with Flag Raising & National Anthem and the presentation of parade trophies & greetings by dignitaries.
- 1:00 PM Coin Toss at the Pool (admission: price to the pool)
- 2:00 PM Games and Contests
- Festivities at Veteran’s Memorial Park 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM
- 6:30 PM Food – fun, water park & competitive games
- 7:00 PM -8:45 PM Pie Eating and Live Music
- 9:00pm Fireworks Show
4th of July 2014 Concerts & Headliners
Cash’d Out-July 4th Vamp’d Vegas
Count’s 77- RED, WHITE & KABOOM- July 5th Vamp’d Vegas
Compendium-Featuring Arms of America – a tribute to U2.- July 3- August 18, Planet Hollywood in The Sin City Theater
Raiding The Rock Vault-Nightly (dark Wednesdays and Thursdays) LVH Hotel & Casino
Widespread Panic – Hard Rock – July 2, 3, 4, 5
Papa Roach, P.O.D. and Lit – Fremont Street – July4
Sublime with Rome – Mandalay Bay Beach – July 5
Kenny Loggins – The Orleans – July 5, 6
Bob Weird and RatDog – The Pearl – July 5
Queen and Adam Lambert – Hard Rock – July 6
4th of July on Fremont Street, Downtown Las Vegas
4th of July Barbecue at Park on Fremont
Park on Fremont will host a barbecue from 11 a.m. to close on Friday, July 4. Priced at $8 per person.
UFC International Fight Week at Fremont Street Experience
Celebrate Fourth of July underneath the Viva Vision canopy with UFC International Fight Week and Fremont Street Experience’s Rock of Vegas summer concert series featuring rockers Papa Roach, P.O.D. and Lit.
4th of July 2014 Nightclub and Pool Club Parties
All-star DJ lineup at Wet Republic
Date: July 4 – 6
Too $hort and Nick Cannon at 1OAK
Date: July 4 – 5
Octagon Girls and Pauly D at Haze
Date: July 4 – 5
Fireworks Safety reminders for those celebrating at home!
In Las Vegas we live under the constant threat of drought and with no measurable rainfall since February this year this holiday weekend requires a higher level of vigilance and responsibility when it comes to fireworks. Only Fireworks labeled Safe-n- Sane are permitted for use in Clark County from June 28th-July 4th. “Safe-N-Sane fireworks are those that have been tested and approved by valley fire departments for use during this one week of the year. At all other times of the year, Safe-N-Sane fireworks are illegal as well as any other type of firework that flies through the air, explodes or rotates on the ground. Download the full pdf detailing all the guidelines.
- Fireworks should be used on a flat, firm surface such as the ground or a driveway. Fireworks are illegal on the street and sidewalk.
- Stay away from bushes, grass and trees, or anything else that might catch fire. Stay away from vehicles.
- Have a bucket of water and/or garden hose available for use in case of fire.
- There should be a responsible adult present when fireworks are being used.
- After the firework has been used, it should be picked up with a shovel, dropped into a bucket of water and left to soak for several hours before being discarded in the trash.
- “Duds” or fireworks that did not go off after being lit should be picked up with a shovel and dropped into a bucket of water. You should not try to relight it.
- If a fire does start because of fireworks, don’t panic. Use the garden hose or bucket of water to put the fire out or prevent it from getting larger. Call 9-1-1 for emergency assistance.
- Fireworks should never be used in a building.
- Any type of firework, including Safe-N-Sane fireworks, is illegal at midnight on July 5.
- Fireworks are illegal at all times on streets, city property, school district property and in any park.
- Fireworks are not permitted on federal property, which includes all parks and recreational areas such as Lake Mead, Mount Charleston, Spring Mountains and Red Rock. There is an extreme danger of fire in the parklands and people caught using fireworks can face an extremely stiff penalty.
Special Thanks to the City of Las Vegas for the list.